What is the National Weekly Potpourri Challenge?
Play a free demo!
The challenge is designed for students, grades 3 – HS. Students log in to NewzBrain and take a timed 20-question
multiple choice test. The test is taken any time between Monday morning and Friday afternoon. Students have a
goal to reach a benchmark score to qualify for state and national listings and qualify for an honor awards:
President's Award, Patriotism Award, Freedom Award and Mr. News Owl's Honors Award.
- Each player is allowed one test per week. The testing period is Monday-Friday.
- The test is 20 multiple choice questions with a 30-second timer for each answer.
- A perfect score is 400 points. (5) questions are worth 30 points, (5) questions are worth 10 points and (10) questions are worth 20 points.
- When you are finished your score goes to your teacher/coach or sponsor.
- If you are signed into the National Weekly Potpourri Challenge as a grade 3-5 player you will be taking the Level I test, older grades will take the Level II test.